Supacolour Headwear Transfer
How to Press Hats Like a Supastar
Set Temperature and Time
- Polyester 290F (140C)
- Cotton 320F (160C)
- 8 seconds
Load a Test Hat
Fold back headband and spend time to make sure hat fully conforms to the platen (use the smallest platen that works).
- Manual Press: Tighten dial until the press won’t close. Loosen dial progressively until the press closes.
- Hotronix Hat Press: 8-9
Pre Press 3 Seconds
Pre press 3 seconds to flatten out. Check if hat is flat against the platen. If not, creases will show and you will not get a good result. It needs to be flat!
Position the transfer on the garment. Lay teflon sheet or parchment paper over the Supacolour.
Press 8-12 Seconds
Hot peel immediately from a corner in one smooth motion. Peel with confidence and without hesitation.
Post-Press: 2 Seconds
Use a teflon sheet or parchment to seal the edges of the Supacolour.
- Always test press on a spoiled hat to dial in your press before pressing your production.
- Supacolour always gives you spares so you can dial in your press.
- Supacolour not sticking when you peel? Increase pressure and peel quickly within 2 seconds of lifting press
- Still won’t peel easily? Repress for 4 seconds then try from a different corner.
- These instructions are your default starting point, settings may vary for different garments and presses.